Hair loss is a common problem seen among all age groups from early 20’s to late 50’s, which occurs due to progressive thinning and excessive shedding of scalp hair.
What are the causes of hair loss?
It’s the most common cause of hair loss which runs in family
pcos, thyroid problem, during pregnancy, childbirth and menopause
Like iron deficiency, vitamin D, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, zinc, biotin and folic acid deficiency can give hair loss
Certain diseases like autoimmune diseases, fungal infections, bacterial infections like syphilis
Like oral contraceptive pills, antidepressants, nsaids, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers chemotherapy drugs, blood thinners can cause hair loss
Stress or trauma :
Severe stress are trauma can be contributing factors of hairloss, and there are three types of hair loss associated with high stress levels: Telogen effluvium, trichotillomania and alopecia areata
Tight braids or parting hair can cause hair loss.
- AGA ( androgenetic alopecia)
- AA (alopecia areata)
- AT (alopecia totalis)
- AU (alopecia universalis)
- TE (telogen effluvium)
- Traction Alopecia
- Hair loss beyond the normal range of 100 to 150 strands of hair everyday
- Thinning of hair line from frontal scalp and/or vertex of the scalp or temporal region
- Sudden hair loss or visible balding, patchy bald spots too many hair strands seen on pillow every morning
- Full body hair loss.
As the hair loss may be due to multiple factors, identifying the underlying cause and making an accurate diagnosis is important.
- A qualified dermatologist /trichologist would thoroughly take your medical history.
- Certain blood tests would be prescribed for identifying the underlying health condition.
- A hair scan/trichoscan analysis will be done by our dermatologist to identify the pattern and staging of baldness.
- A hair pull test is done to identify the severity of hair loss.
At jo!Skin revive after thorough history and examination, our dermatologist would offer customised solutions based on the hair type and scalp condition.
- Dietary advice to correct the nutritional deficiency will also be given.
- If required, topical sprays or lotions are recommended by our dermatologist to halt the hair loss.
- Oral medication like anti androgens and vitamin supplements may be prescribed.
- If an advanced hair growth treatment is required, minimally invasive and virtually painless procedures may be advised by our dermatologist for natural hair regrowth to reverse early stages of balding.
- Specialised injections, micro needling, laser light therapy, etc. are administered by our dermatologist to reverse the hair fall.
Anyone above the age of 18 years experiencing increase in hair fall, premature balding, receding hairline, iching, redness and scaling of scalp causing hair loss should consult a dermatologist.
Jo!Skin revive clinic brings world class treatment, US- FDA approved equipment and advanced technology available for natural hair regrowth, all under the instructions of our expert dermatologist.
We follow stringent protocols, 100% safe & effective treatments with zero down time.
Personalized care is provided to ensure client satisfaction and long lasting results with no side effects.
The cost of hair loss treatment depends on type of hair loss and severity of hair condition. After thorough history and examination our dermatologist may decide the treatment plan, based on which the cost may vary. For more information, you may connect us.
Our Trichologist usually recommends 6 to 8 sessions of hair regrowth treatment monthly apart to achieve optimal results. Minimal follow up sessions for maintenance may be required later.
Hair regrowth therapy at jo!Skin revive is a painless procedure with zero down time which lasts less than an hour.
No, there are no significant side effects for hair regrowth therapy at jo!skin revive clinic. They are 100% safe with no down time.
No, it is a painless procedure. However one may experience minimal discomfort which is bearable.
After starting hair regrowth therapy, our clients experience a decrease in hair fall and increase in density of hair regrowth at around the 3rd to 4th session.